Saturday, July 25, 2009

Short depth of field

I've been taking photography this summer for a number of reasons.
1. Ryan is gone. What else would I be doing on a Wednesday evening?
2. I really like taking pictures. ALOT. And I have a nice new camera. 
3. I like going to Austin once in a while to regain my sanity from living in the army ghetto of Killeen. Plus I get the excuse to stock up on my organic groceries while I'm done there. (Bad for the billfold; good for the heart.)

So I've been taking a class. So far, the only thing I think I'm any good at so far is taking up close pictures with a short depth of field. I think in the future, that's all I'm going to take from now on. Here are a few examples. 


3 comments:

Esther Diehl said...

Congrats on marriage, et al. It's been a LONG time since 6th grade.

My husband is looking in to having the Navy pay for Med School so I've been very interested in how the Military affects young marrieds.

Leah said...

hi esther! it looks like we've both come quite a long way from 6th grade! thanks for reading my blog :)

Amanda said...

oh yay! I'm so glad to hear you're actually taking a class on it! (if I read that right) how fun!