Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rain- No, really...

I'm from Seattle and I know rain, but I have never (well maybe once 15 years ago in Panama) seen rain like this. It has been an off and on torrential downpour for the last 3 days- enough to flood my entry to the house AND force me to pull over on the interstate. I can't believe it rains like this in Texas. The dead grass must be in shock.

I really wanted to know what true Texans defined such dramatic rain, so I went to the source- the local weather channel- and found this:



If you can see in the center, I live in Killeen. And according to the key, the rain was only moderate to moderately heavy. In my personal opinion, it was heavy. The whole map should have been white. If you stand outside in the rain and are completely soaked in 20 seconds, that is heavy. But maybe not. I'm scared to see what heavy actually is.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

that's nice. but what I REALLY want to know is whether it's as romantic to kiss in that kind of rain as they make it look in the movies...

Piper said...

I read ur blog, Leah. I did give up for a while after seeing that apple pie so many times :)