Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tales from the garden...

On Saturday we spent the day digging up part of our yard and making a garden. (I guess when I say we, I should say Ryan. I spent about 20 minutes out there, died of heat exhaustion, and resorted to observing from the couch while I watched the Olympics.) Ryan was out there for a good 3 hours, and when I came out to tell him that USA got silver in water polo, half the yard was finished and planted with spinach, cilantro, and forget-me nots. It was so cute I had to take a picture.






I guess my job is to dig up the rest of it. I don't think that is going to happen for quite a while, or at least only in 20 minute intervals. :)

After digging, we got cleaned up and went to dinner at The Oasis in Austin. (http://www.oasis-austin.com) It has a beautiful location on a cliff over-looking Lake Travis. This is probably the first time I've uttered the words "Look at how beautiful this is" while living in Texas. It was beautiful right up until it started pouring rain and we were sitting outside. Yes, more moderately heavy rain.




In the next picture, you can see the looming dark clouds- and some cool houses built into the hillside.

3 comments:

McTwigans! said...

Yeah for Gardens! And isn't it nice to be able to plant a garden this late and actually get something out of it? And husbands are supposed to dig up the yard for us. That is how they contribute, since you will be cooking whatever comes out of there. It's irrefutable logic.

themedschoolblog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Piper said...

Thanks Leah,
I like keeping up with your blog too. Make sure you change your link to my blog because I changed the name of our blog address. I hope you are doing well.
Piper